I had a request for a cloche hat, and this pattern by fit the bill. It incorporated some techniques that were new to me including a picot hem, decorative chain stitch, and garter bar decreases.
Materials and tools
- Worsted weight cotton, about 85 grams. I used Lily Sugar n’ Cream.
- Garter bar (I don’t have a bulky garter bar, so I used my standard garter bar which worked just fine).
- Picot Hem (YouTube video by Diana Sullivan)
- Decorative Chain Stitch (YouTube video by theanswerladyknits)
- Garter bar decreases (YouTube video by Diana Sullivan)
- Bickford seam (YouTube video)
This was an easy, straightforward project. After washing and going through the dryer, the hat shrunk a bit for a good fit.